Sunday 8 September 2013

Recent buys

Ok so my whole plan to ‘start saving money’ isn’t going too well. Sometimes it seems like the more I try to resist buying things the more I end up spending. Anyhow on Tuesday I indulged in a little retail therapy and felt very happy, then a little guilty afterwards, however I did find a few bargains that I am very pleased with!
I was pleasantly surprised by Primark - I usually don’t even bother going in there as the store in Northampton resembles more of a jumble sale than a shop - but I love the boots I picked up for £18 which look just like some I wanted from Topshop! Also loving the pair of grey skinny jeans from H&M. They look great with the boots, very grunge chic which is an AW trend I love.
Here’s some of what I bought…
 
 
 
Primark Jumper

H&M jeans

Primark tops x3

H&M tops x2

M&S flats

Primark Boots
And some beauty…
 

 
L'Oréal Paris Hair Expertise EverRiche Nourishing & Taming Shampoo
I have read countless reviews raving about this shampoo and after trying a sample of it myself I wanted the full size product. It’s no sulphate formula leaves hair super clean and soft and it also smells delicious! I am tempted to buy the conditioning treatment too, perhaps once I have used the other 6 pots I already have…
Garnier Body Ultimate Beauty Oil
After secretly stealing my mum’s bottle and then getting found out I had to go and buy my own! The oil absorbs in to skin straight away and is so moisturising and not greasy at all which is what I first expected. This is another product that I am in love with the smell of.
MUA Bronzing powder
I have almost ran out of the one I already have and at £1 a re-purchase was non-negotiable. I have been using this bronzer for a while and although it’s not the best bronzer I have ever used – for the budget price tag I am happy to continue using it! It gives a lovely tanned glow and comes in 3 shades, I use the lightest one.
NYC Extreme black felt liner
Another re purchase. I bought a MUA one previously which was awful compared to this one. It makes creating feline flicks really easy and the colour also lasts and doesn’t disappear during the day like some I have used. The price is around £4 which is a bargain in my opinion.
Nivea Rich Moisturising Day cream
I bought this to wear under my foundation as wanted SPF protection and this cream is SPF 15. I have only used it a couple of times but so far so good. The cream is light-weight, moisturising and costs around £4.
Olay Essentials BB cream SPF 15
I love Olay products, this is my first BB cream so yes I am a little behind on the BB craze but I finally caved and bought one! I wear this on days when I want a little coverage without applying a full face of make-up. The cream is moisturising and is tinted with Max factor foundation, it is also SPF 15 which is good as I want to protect my skin from the sun and it smells delicious too!
Aromatherapy Associates Renewing Rose Cleanser
I didn’t actually buy this, I found it lying around my house so decided to use it (finders keepers!) I am impressed though, I have never used a cleansing cream before but it removes the last traces of make-up after using a face wipe and the rose scent is lush! I love how smooth and cleansed my skin is after using this before bed.
So there we have it, my mini haul! Have you tried any of these products? What have you been buying?
Holly xx


No comments:

Post a Comment