Sunday 10 March 2013

My Weekend

 
After a really rubbish Friday at work I headed to Frankie and Benny’s for an early Mother’s day meal with the family. I have only been to Frankie and Benny’s for lunch (except many years ago when I ate breakfast and an evening meal there) so I was curious as to what their main menu would offer. I opted for a Seafood spaghetti dish but requested that they held the garlic (me and garlic DO NOT get on). The food was yummy however I didn’t realise quite how much onion they had used so afterwards that was all I could taste which ruined it a little.
 
 
Seafood spaghetti
 
Although I was stuffed after eating, the dessert menu was so tempting I had to make room for one. It was really hard to choose what to have as I have given up chocolate for lent (so far so good) and almost every dessert contained some form of chocolate! :-( In the end I chose Vanilla and banana cheesecake with ice cream and it was delicious. I always think that dessert is the best part of a meal – I have such a sweet tooth!
 
 
Vanilla and banana cheesecake
 
 On Saturday I headed in to town with my girl Helen to pick up some presents for Mother’s day. M&S did not let us down and I picked up a nice card, tulips, Cava and some chocolate. We had a little browse around some shops but were both very good and only bought a couple of things! Here’s what I bought…
 
 
 H&M Jade Jumper - £10
 
 
 
H&M glitter make-up bag - £2
MUA Naked too Eye palette - £4
2 True nude nail polish - £1.99
Arora Vanilla body butter £1.99
Made in Chelsea box set - £12
 
 
 
MUA Naked too Eye palette - £4
 
 
Last week I discovered this great discount beauty website Fragrance Direct link. I have been browsing all week and they have some great beauty buys from brands such as Loreal, Maybeline, Rimmel, OPI, Revlon and many more as well as perfumes at great prices! So I did a spot of online beauty shopping…
 
 Bourjois Bio Detox Organic Foundation 30ml - £2.99 link

 
 
Bourjois Mineral Matte Make Up Brush – 99p link
 
 
 Carolina Herrera 212 VIP - £26.99 link
 

 
 
 Dainty Doll Lipstick in Its my party - £1.99 link
 
 
 
Garnier Essentials Energizing Toner – 99p link

 
 
W7 Nail Enamel in Baby pink - £1.25 link

 
I definitely suggest checking out this site, and delivery is only £1.99 so you can make some great savings. The only down side is there is no ‘view all’ option when searching for an item (one of my pet hates) so you end up scrolling through about 15 pages each containing 10 items :-( buy hey, if you have the time it is definitely worth it for the prices.
 
 
My look today: Dior red lips
 
Today is Sunday so I am going to give mum her presents and try and be a good daughter for the day (of course I always am anyway!). I will probably head to the gym later and then spend the rest of the day relaxing, being lazy and dreading returning to work tomorrow! I want to finish watching The City DVD box set and then I can get started on Made in Chelsea - I do love a good reality TV binge hehe. What have you been up to this weekend? What gifts did you buy for your mummy?
 
 
 
My mum loved her gifts :-)
 
 
Holly xx

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment