Saturday 14 February 2015

Current skincare favourites


Looking after your skin is extremely important, so along with drinking plenty of water and trying to eat as healthily as possible, I love discovering new products that help care for my skin on the outside and enhance its natural glow.






I have been a L'Oreal fan for as long as I can remember and I simply cannot fault any of their products. From haircare to skincare to makeup - I love it all - and the fact that it's reasonably priced and usually on offer somewhere is a bonus.





I remember using this exfoliator when it was first released and found that it did as it said on the tin. The formula is gentle and leaves skin smooth and refreshed without causing redness. The only improvement I can suggest is the orangey smell - which isn't unpleasant, however I prefer sweeter, less citrusy smelling products.





My morning skincare routine involves washing my face with this soothing, creamy gel wash before applying my moisturiser. This is my favourite product and is the perfect way to wake up my skin in the morning. The smell is delicious and my skin feels peachy soft, refreshed and has a healthy glow after using it. 




L'Oreal Triple Active Day and Night Moisturiser

I simply love this duo. The smell alone reminds me of lavish beauty counters in high-end department stores where you are surrounded by amazing products and beautiful women - I feel like they add a touch of luxury to my routine. 

Both creams are extremely gentle so I imagine they would be suitable for all skin types. Since using them my skin feels so soft - even first thing in the morning. The cream absorbs almost straight away and isn't greasy in the slightest.

I started using them over two weeks ago and although the pots are quite small, I still have around half a pot of each left, so a little goes a long way. 

The only improvement I can suggest is adding SPF to the day cream as sun protection is important, although I usually apply a foundation with SPF over the top when I go out so I am still protected.





My final skincare favourite is the new Dr Rescue balm from Maybelline. I have spoken before about my love of the Babylips range and seem to have built up a healthy collection of the balms. 

I love how they care for my lips while adding a touch of colour to enhance my daytime 'no-makeup, makeup' look. My dry and chapped lips are instantly rescued with one slick and it leaves a peachy pink tint with a hint of minty freshness. 

A current staple in my handbag wherever I go!



Have you tried any of these products? What did you think?

Holly xx











No comments:

Post a Comment