Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year!

I’ll start by wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year :-)



Me on NYE

My New Year’s Eve wasn’t the most eventful, I joined my mum, sister and friend Karen for a delicious meal at a lovely Italian restaurant in town. The plan was to go for a couple of drinks after the meal and then my sister and I were going to a party at a cocktail bar in town a little later, however after enjoying delicious pizzas and hot chocolate at the restaurant all we felt like doing was heading home and changing in to PJ’s to chill by the fire! 
The freezing temperature and wind outside didn't help this! We went for one drink and then made the decision to go home with mum and Karen as we were feeling tired and everywhere looked dead, so we didn’t want to be waiting around, bored on our own. 
I was so pleased to get in to my warm bed when I got home and on the plus side we saved money and were feeling fresh and hangover free on New Year’s Day. I don’t care if people think it’s boring I think staying in is definitely the new going out!



Me and my sister.

So it’s now 2014, and what better time is there than the start of a brand new year to think about what you would like to achieve in the future, set yourself new goals and make changes in your life?

I have always believed that if change is needed, there is no time like the present to make it so why wait for a new day/week/year? However I do like to make a couple of New Year’s Resolutions and set myself some goals so that I have something to aim towards.

Last year I wanted to pass my driving test, return to education and be happier, and I achieved all three J I found the last one the hardest and at some points it was questionable if I would actually get there, but after having a fabulous Christmas and ending the year on a high, I think it can be crossed off the list.

This year I hope to…


  1. Get a place at one of my top two University choices.
  2. Be a happier/better person.
  3. Make the most of everything I have.
  4. Make 2014 my best year yet.


How was your New Year? Do you have any Resolutions?


Holly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment