Sunday 12 May 2013

Beauty Buys of the Week

 
This week I took advantage of Superdrug’s Free Delivery offer and ordered a couple of bits online. I was curious to try the new MUA nail polishes that look very similar to Essie polishes and also needed some new eye liner and eye shadow. As you can tell by the mini-haul I have been on my best behaviour when spending money as I am trying to live on a budget so I was proud when I resisted the temptation of buying more products!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have 2 other eye palettes from MUA - Undressed and Undress me too, and I think the quality is excellent for the very reasonable price. All products that I have tried from the cosmetic brand have been impressive and I think they have come a long way since they first appeared in Superdrug stores – especially with the appearance and new packaging. The best thing about the brand is the bargain prices but I also like the similarity to high end brands such as Urban Decay with the eye palettes and now Essie with the nail polishes.
 

 
 
 
I was tempted to buy all of the nail polishes as they are only £1 but decided I would stop at just one for now to test the quality before buying more. The texture of the polish is great and after 2 coats nails are well covered and not streaky. The colour really is lush and looks very vibrant - it also dries quickly which is always good in my books. The clear top coat gives a gorgeous shine and will hopefully prevent chipping which is one of my pet hates when I paint my nails! I will definitely be investing in some more MUA colours to add to my nail polish collection.


 
I spotted the Felt eye liner and thought I’d add it to my bag – after all it is just £2. I am hoping to create 60’s-style-cat-eye-liner flicks when I next apply my full face of make-up so hopefully this pen will impress and will also work well with the new Dusk til Dawn eye shadows. I decided to try the Accesorize liquid eye liner - I usually use a Collection 2000 liquid eye liner but fancied a change. I have never tried any make-up from this brand before so I am curious to see how I get on!
 Have you tried any of these products? What did you think?
 
Holly xx




No comments:

Post a Comment