Sunday 10 November 2013

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Sugar Plum

 
 
 
In my opinion Rimmel has always been a middle of the road drug store brand. I find the quality and prices reasonable and fairly average - their products can be pretty good but I wouldn’t describe them as amazing.
They have a wide range of lipsticks and offer some cool colours, my past experience with them has been ok and at around £5 for a lipstick it’s a reasonable price. I am loving purple and berry shades at the minute so I wanted to try the Sugar Plum shade from the Lasting Finish range.
 
 
The lipstick provides a lovely shimmer and the colour isn’t too rich, I’d describe it as more of a pinky purple as opposed to a darker one. The stick is easy to apply and is quite thick with high pigmentation so only a couple of coats are needed. It lasted a good few hours before needing reapplication and even after this my lips had a nice berry coloured stain which still looked good. I also love the soft, vanilla scent which adds a nice touch.
I would rate this lipstick 7/10. I love the colour and there are many other pretty shades in the collection. The quality is good for the £5 price tag and Rimmel makeup is regularly on offer in Boots so it may be worth waiting for the next promotion before treating yourself :-)
Have you tried Rimmel lipsticks? What's your favourite shade?
Holly xx


No comments:

Post a Comment