Thursday 31 January 2013

Things that make me smile


In a previous post I mentioned that towards the end of last year I went through a period of feeling quite down and depressed. The last few months of the year proved to be quite stressful for me as I had a lot going on in my life and I did not feel myself at all which is really unlike me. For some reason I felt sad and alone, and I also felt guilty for feeling this way as there are people out there far worse off and less fortunate than me and I had no exact reason for why I was feeling this way. Normally I am the kind of person that doesn’t let things get on top of me or get me down – I am quite the opposite - I like to look on the bright side of life and turn negatives in to positives. I am that go-to friend that makes you feel better when you’re down and will cheer you up, and this is the way I like to be!
 
 

Any way I am back to my chirpy self now as decided to sort myself out and not let things get me down again – after all life is too short and I wanted to begin the new year as I mean to go on – positively! I decided to write a post on little things that make me happy, things that don’t have to cost a lot but that put a smile on my face! Sometimes it really is these little things that make a big difference. Next time you feel less perky than usual and need something to lift your mood, think of something that makes you happy and do it! Even better make a list and try to do a different thing each day. Share it with a friend smile and make them smile too… spread the love!
 

 

Things that make me smile…
Cute texts, hot bubble baths, scented candles, painting my nails, complimenting someone, having a healthy day, fresh bed sheets, a cup of hot chocolate, listening and singing to my favourite songs, new lip gloss, tidying my room, watching rom coms, dinner with a friend, dancing, a good work out, looking through old photos, a phone call to a friend, spraying my favourite perfume, writing a list of things I am greatful for, cuddles, writing a list of things I have achieved/that I want to achieve, The Simpsons...

House Music
 
Hot Chocolate... yummy!


Cute animal pictures
 

Me on Nissi Beach - Ayia Napa 2012
 

Hans Moleman Ha ha!


Me and my niece at her Christening
 

Bubble baths

Favourite lipgloss

Perfume
 

What makes you smile? Share your tips!              
Holly xx

3 comments:

  1. such a lovely post! you look lovely:)
    xxx
    http://fromarmanitozurich.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute post.....

    have a sneak peek of my blog...new posts are comming up...if you really like it please follow on gfc, bloglovin and lookbook...already followed of course...

    xoxo

    comme il faut

    ReplyDelete