Monday 28 January 2013

Girls Night Out – 26/01/2013

This weekend a group of my girlfriends and I headed to Milton Keynes to celebrate our friend Chelsey’s 22nd birthday! It was my second time partying in the city - which is located between my home town of Northampton and London - and the 7 of us celebrated with a delicious meal at our favourite Caribbean restaurant Turtle Bay Link and then enjoyed a fun filled evening filled with dancing, giggles and lots of cocktails.
 
The Birthday girl enjoying Strawberry Daquiri's
 
 
 
 Yummy food and cocktails!
To begin the evening we enjoyed a selection of Caribbean dishes washed down with some tropical cocktails and luckily arrived before 7pm – just in time for Happy hour - so all cocktails were 241! I was a little limited for menu choices as I’m not a fan of spicy food and I don’t eat meat, so I settled for a dish that I have had before; mac and cheese with a side of cheesy, jerk fries, yummy! The other girls chose a selection of Jerk chicken, burgers, wraps and dumpling dishes however the spiciness proved to be too much for some.
After the meal we headed back to the hotel to begin pampering for our night out. We had 3 rooms between us so there were plenty of bathrooms and mirrors to go around. Feeling inspired - and slightly tipsy from the drinks at dinner - we decided to make our own cocktails! My favourite was ‘Hairy Navel’ which is a mixture of Vodka, Peach schnapps and Orange juice - fruity but lethal! See the recipe here.
 
 
We headed out at around 11pm and braved the cold, rainy weather. I made sure I wore my faux fur jacket for extra warmth. My dress was one I bought from River Island a while ago but haven’t had the chance to wear yet, it was originally priced at £60 but I snapped this beaut up for £20 in the sale. I love studded things and thought the dress would go perfectly with my black suede shoe boots and red lips for a touch of glam!
 
 
Dress - River Island
Fur Jacket - Forever 21
Shoe boots - Ebay
 
 
 
 
 
 
It is safe to say we celebrated in style, drank way too many shots and cocktails, danced the night away and gave Chels a birthday to remember. Most of us were feeling the effects the next morning, luckily for me I felt fine with the exception of being a little tired, so I spent Sunday relaxing next to the fire watching films and TV. I hope everyone else had a great weekend, and Happy Birthday to Chelsey!
Holly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment