Sunday 5 October 2014

Haircare: 3 Steps to Sleek Hair



Being someone who suffers with frizzy hair I am constantly on the lookout for new products to tame the frizz and give me smooth, sleek and manageable hair.

Unfortunately in my experience the majority of products offering to do this don't always live up to their claims. However I have discovered three effective and purse-friendly products that work for me so I thought I would share them with you!




I saw this shampoo on offer recently and decided to give it a try. I was reluctant at first as oil products have left my hair greasy in the past, although this one does state 'non greasy' on the label.
 Not only does the shampoo smell delicious, only a small amount is needed to create a luxury lather and my hair is left moisturised, shiny and silky smooth after every wash - no grease whatsoever! 





My hair is quite fine and tends to get weighed down easily so I wash it 1-2 times a week and use a mask only on the ends. Over the years I have tried many hair treatments, from budget 'drugstore' brands to more pricey salon products. 
The Garnier Sleek Restorer mask is definitely up there among the top ones despite its small price tag. The texture is thick and creamy and only requires a tiny amount to leave hair nourished and tangle free. 
I find it works perfectly with the Dove shampoo and leaves hair smooth, frizz-free and smelling delicious.




When blowdrying I try to use as few products as possible. I always dry using a medium heat and tip my hair upside down while using a small Denman flat brush.
After applying hair mousse I use a pea sized amount of Organix oil on the ends of my hair. When I say this oil smells divine I am not over exaggerating - it smells almost good enough to eat!
The oil is light weight and really smoothes the hair strands leaving a gorgeous, glossy shine. It can also be applied to dry hair as a serum for the same affect. It is definitely my must have hair product and a staple in my hair routine.

Have you tried any of these products? Do you have any other tips for taming frizzy hair?

Holly xx






No comments:

Post a Comment