Saturday 9 August 2014

John Frieda Go Blonder Haircare





After recently going lighter I decided to invest in some products that would enhance my new colour and prevent the colour from fading so quickly to keep it looking fresher for longer. John Frieda seemed like the go to brand and were also on offer at the time which made them my firm choice.

The shampoo and conditioner lather up nicely and have a pleasant smell - it's not amazing but it's not bad. Unlike some shampoos the texture is thick and creamy so you avoid the risk of the product slipping through your fingers before its reached your hair. The conditioner is also quite thick so I only apply it to the mid-lengths and ends to avoid it getting greasy and weighed down. It does the job and leaves my hair silky smooth and tangle-free.




The mousse is a violet colour which works to enhance and brighten blonde hair. The consistency is quite wet and liquidy which is kind of a good thing as it prevents build up and doesn't feel sticky or leave hair greasy like some other products, but I would prefer it to be a little thicker and have more texture. Although the mousse claims to add volume I don't really notice much volume after using it however I still think it helps to enhance the colour and tame my hair when blow drying so I have kept it in my routine.

My blonde highlights look bright and non-brassy which is the look I was hoping to achieve and with the help of some natural sun rays due to the beautiful weather we have had, my colour looks light, vibrant and doesn't appear to have faded at all since having it done. Result :-)

Have you tried the John Frieda blonde range? Can you recommend any other good products for blonde hair?


Holly xx





No comments:

Post a Comment